CIFAMA is an exclusive Clarias Batrachus (Magur) fry feed, adequately rich in essential nutrients, suitable for nursery rearing of Magur fry. The feed ensures faster growth of magur fry.
News & Update
- 15.01.2021: ICAR-CIFA Guest House
- 13.01.2021: Aquaculture farmer field school and livestock farmer field school inaugurated at village saheberabad-I and II
- 07.01.2021: ICAR- CIFA and WRD collaborated fish ranching programme in Jhumka Dam, Khordha, Odisha
- 09.01.2021: Hon’ble Union Minister of State Sri Pratap Chandra Sarangi released Technology Publications for the Aqua-farmers
- 08.01.2021: Training programme’ on ‘scientific poultry and goat rearing’ at SSKVK, Sonarpur on 07.01.21 under SCSP scheme
- 01.01.2021: Holiday List 2021
- 30.12.2020: Farm reforms will help doubling farmers income – says Dr Saroj Kumar Swain
- 26.12.2020: Awareness cum training programme on “Scientific Animal Husbandry & Aquaculture Practices” under SCSP programme
- 10.12.2020: List of students selected for dissertation work at ICAR-CIFA during 1st January 2021 to 30th June 2021
- 04.12.2020: ICAR-CIFA observes Women in Agriculture Day
- 12.06.2020: ICAR-CIFA Training Calendar 2020-21
CIFACA is an exclusive carp grow-out feed, adequately rich in essential nutrients suitable for semi-intensive carp polyculture system. It ensures faster growth of carps in pond polyculture condition.
Portable Magur Hatchery
Portable Magur Hatchery has its high market demand due to its protein rich flavour and medicinal value. The portable magur hatchery is a simple device comprising a stand on which are placed a row of plastic tubs (12 em dia, 6 em high). Water supplied from the overhead tank through a common pipe to all the tubes with individual control tabs. It includes egg incubation and hatching. The technology creates a suitable environment for high hatching percentage where maximum 50,000 eggs can be incubated at a time.
Immunoboost-C is an immunostimulant to improve brood fish health and seed production in carps. It modulates the fish immunity against microbial diseases and has been proven through extensive trials conducted at many aquaculture regions in India. It is also given to spawn, fry and fingerlings through bath treatment during seed transport.
CIFA-CRYO is a manually operated handy cryofreezer for gamete cryopreservation. This manually operated handy cryofreezer is used for the cryopre-servation of milt of freshwater fish species. This is suitable and more advantageous in terms of liquid nitrogen use, size of the unit, on-farm utilization and easy operation. It is helpful in processing the milt sample upto -60° c for storage in liquid nitrogen (-196° c).
CIFACURE is used for controlling common bacterial and fungal infections of freshwater ornamental fishes. The product can be very well used in aquarium and other outdoor tanks where the ornamental fishes are grown. It controls many bacterial diseases like haemorrhagic septicemia, ulcers, fin rot, tail rot, eye diseases and mouth fungus and other fungal infections. It is available in 25 ml dropper bottle.
Jayanti Rohu™ was developed through selective breeding of rohu, Labeo rohita from different founder populations of North Indian Rivers. Improved Jayanti Rohu™ is the first genetically improved fish in India. It has shown improvement in the gain of 17% per generation for growth trait.
'CIFABROOD™' is an exclusive carp brood stock diet, adequately rich in essential nutrients. It advances gonad growth and maturation, facilitates early spawning and significantly increases spawning response. Suitable for multiple/ repeated breeding, off season gonad growth and post spawning recovery. The rate of feeding is 3-5% of total body weight during egg development phase.